ASIC Post Silicon Validation Specialist
SPARK Microsystems is looking for a motivated ASIC Post-Silicon Validation Specialist, you will be working on the validation of ASIC in the product development life cycle of wireless ASICs and SoCs that are used in range of SPARK Microsystems products such as mice, audio headsets, speakers, proximity detection, ranging and IoT. You will work closely with the design team to develop test plans for post-silicon ASIC Verification, develop test cases based on the test plan and execute the test cases to exercise the design to achieve validation closure. You will also do the bring-up and debug in the lab of Spark’s ASICs. This position reports to the Director of ASIC.
- Develop a test plan and test cases for post-silicon ASIC Verification
- Driving the validation, bring-up and debug of Spark’s ASICs
- Defining, documenting and executing the overall ASIC functional test plan and validation strategy
- Driving technical innovation to enhance Spark capabilities in ASIC validation, including tool and script development, technical and procedural methodology enhancement, and various internal and cross-functional technical initiatives
- Debugging issues found during pre-silicon, bring-up, system validation, and production phases of the ASIC projects
- Creating test/characterization reports
- Engaging on pre-silicon verification activities with cross-functional teams including Design Verification, Diagnostics, FPGA-based Emulation and other software/hardware modeling frameworks to ensure readiness for first silicon arrival, enablement of ASIC functionality, and debug of critical features
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years experience in ASIC validation
- Experience in mixed-signal ASIC post-silicon validation
- Experience in RF validation and testing
- Knowledge of physical and protocol levels like SPI and USB interfaces
- Experience with board/platform-level debug, including clock, power delivery and RF signals
- Experience with ASIC debug techniques and methodologies
- Strong programming/scripting skills (eg. Python, C/C++)
- Extensive experience with common lab equipment, including protocol/logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, etc.
- Knowledge of general radio architectures and protocol (UWB, BLE is an asset)
- Knowledge of source code management techniques (SVN, GIT)
Promote the following values/qualities:
- Cooperation: Have the success of the team at heart.
- Rigor: Take pride in carefully executed work.
- Motivation: Exceed your limits in a job you love.
- Initiative: Propose new ideas and act.
- Leadership: Positively influencing those around us.
- A growing start-up where each person has an important role in the success of the Company
- Be part of a passionate, creative and motivated team in a collaborative mode
- A place where you can grow and become the professional you want to be
- Group insurance from day one
- Employee stock option plan
- Hybrid work and flexible hours to balance work/personal life
- In addition to vacation, sick leave and holidays, Spark offers additional days off
Something looks off?