Lead Node.js Developer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Who we are:
Validere is a measurement, reporting, and verification (MRV) SaaS company that helps energy organizations transform disconnected, incomplete data into clear and immediately actionable pathways to financial and environmental value.
Over 50 of North America’s leading energy companies rely on Validere’s technology and multidisciplinary experts to understand their physical and environmental commodities and navigate an increasingly complex environment with clarity and ease.
Validere is on a mission to better human prosperity by making the energy supply chain efficient and sustainable. The company has offices in Houston, Calgary, and Toronto.
Who you are:
To support our rapid growth, we are looking for a Senior Software Developer with expertise in software architectures and design principles, database management, DevOps, and/or embedded systems. Above all, we’re looking for someone who is driven and excited about the positive impact technology can have on business.
Let's give you a purpose:
- Design, build, and maintain reliable code for multi-tenant, high throughput, scalable applications
- Design and develop new cutting edge features in our various product platforms
- Collaborate with the Product team to plan and coordinate feasibility and delivery of future work
- Participate in code reviews to push for high quality and coding standards
- Mentor and coach fellow team members
What you'll bring along:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science is a requirement. Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- 9+ years of professional experience, with a preference for experience in a dynamic fast-paced work environment, such as a startup or rapidly growing company
- Demonstrated expertise in software development with a strong practical background.
- Experience with relational databases (specifically Postgres)
- Demonstrated sense of ownership and a strong commitment to accountability
- AWS Aurora
- AWS Serverless
Deep understanding and proficiency with the following technologies:
We love it here, you will too:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Stock options (at Validere, we're all owners)
- RRSP/401(k) matching programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development budget to master your craft
- Generous time-off with parental/family leave
- Quarterly Employee Wellbeing Days and No Meeting Friday Afternoons
- An inclusive, ego-free environment where diversity of people and thought is valued
- Opportunity to impact the trajectory of a fast growing tech company
Our shared values:
- Deliver (the highest) value
- Remove friction
- Make it more scalable everyday
- Be fair and transparent
- Stay well & safe
Validere is an equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the interview process and beyond. We are committed to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.