SEO Content Strategist
Plotly is a pioneer and leader in providing tools that help data scientists maximize their productivity and share their insights. We are accelerating our mission and adding to our world-class team of engineers, product specialists, and sales/marketing professionals. We are a tight-knit but rapidly growing team where each person has an immediate meaningful impact. Plotly is looking for a content strategist to drive our SEO content program. Reporting to our Director of Marketing, you will develop and execute a strategy for improving web performance by producing rich content that resonates with a highly technical, Python-focused audience. (*In order for your application to be considered, please submit 2 writing samples like blog post, user story, or whitepaper in the form.)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute a content strategy to optimize performance for organic and paid search
- Write and publish content for Plotly’s blog, website, and collateral like white papers and user stories
- Apply SEO, content development, distribution, and measurement to effectively tailor content to reach audience personas
- Collaborate closely with team members in product marketing, demand generation, and website development to achieve campaign goals
- Work with internal and external collaborators and creative resources to deliver content assets that are coherent with our brand voice and strategy
- Perform keyword research to optimize website landing page copy for search ranking
- Manage editorial calendar and identify gaps in content
- Mobilize storytelling opportunities or optimize existing written content on all digital channels — owned, earned, and paid platforms
- 2+ years in a content development and/or SEO role within the tech industry
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and results-driven
- Demonstrated history of executing SEO content strategies with A/B testing and proven results
- Skilled in copywriting, content creation, and copy editing, including writing in different voices and styles, for a variety of target audiences
- Proven ability to execute copywriting, ads, and other content publications
- Proactive attitude with a natural drive to learn and grow
- Well-organized and able to manage multiple projects
- Familiarity with Dash Open Source and Python (Please share if you previously created a Dash app or written an article about one)
- Previous experience with Google Search Console, Semrush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, or similar SEO tools
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and CMS tools like Prismic or Wordpress
What We Can Offer You:
- A way to put your skills to use enabling people around the world to better understand their data and make better decisions
- Knowledge-sharing with smart, motivated colleagues and folks working at the most sophisticated companies in the world
- Flexible schedule and generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision, and more benefits
- Company stock options
- Remote work policy
- Parental leave policy
- Learning and development program
- Community involvement
- Home office set up fund
As a company with roots in the open-source community, Plotly introduced web-based data visualization to Python. Today, the company offers Dash Enterprise, which provides the best software tools and platform to enable every enterprise in the world to build and scale data applications quickly and easily.
At Plotly, you'll work alongside a diverse team of first-class scientists, engineers, developers and builders that challenge the status quo and set the bar high. We encourage each member of our team to explore and expand their skill sets on a continuous basis, to approach every problem with curiosity and an open-mind. Together, we make it possible for people everywhere to share data, facts and information.
Plotly is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you require any accommodations, please let us know in advance.
So yeah, we work hard. We have many puzzles to solve and we are having fun doing it.
We also have incredible customers and a strong, supportive community that we want to stay connected to.
We’re looking forward to getting to know you!
Something looks off?