Senior Software Engineer, Full stack
The data science community is diverse in skill sets, objectives, and preferences for tools and workflows. Through our innovative visualization tools and software, we enable the creation, analysis and sharing of data-driven insights across the globe.
As a member of Plotly’s Engineering team, you will be part of a group that is passionate about solving complex problems and enabling a seamless user experience. Our team thrives on autonomy, collaboration, continuous learning, and pushing the boundaries of what's possible in the data viz space. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies and contribute to innovative solutions that empower our customers to make data-driven decisions. You'll be working with a diverse team of experts across the organization who are committed to excellence and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The technologies you will be working with include but may not be limited to:
- Kubernetes for infrastructure orchestration
- Cloud Providers: AWS, Azure, GCP ( consumer and enterprise-level solutions)
Core job responsibilities:
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and product managers to build and maintain Dash Enterprise, pushing the boundaries of what's possible in data visualization.
- Develop server-side components, ensuring high performance, scalability, and security.
- Design and implement interactive and intuitive web interfaces, creating seamless user experiences for data exploration and analysis.
- Write clean, maintainable, and type-safe code that enhances the stability and reliability of our platform.
- Participate in code reviews, conduct debugging, and work collaboratively to resolve technical issues.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies, continuously seeking opportunities to enhance our platform.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field with 7 years of relevant experience
- Knowledgeable and/or experienced with computational notebooks like Jupyter, Mathematica, Observable
- Familiarity with data visualization libraries and concepts is a plus.
- Demonstrable track record of success in a technical engineering role, including clear demonstration of contribution and delivery in a product-centric environment.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a Remote-first environment.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment, learn new technologies and platforms, and be comfortable with troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Dedication to writing clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Experience with GraphQL, NestJS, Kubernetes, CI/Github Actions, Docker
Don’t meet all the requirements, but you feel you would be a great fit to our plot-legion? Don’t hesitate to apply!
What you can expect from us:
Health & Wellbeing
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Generous PTO
- Parental leave top-up program
Growth & Future
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- Learning & development program
- Work alongside a dedicated team
Flexibility & Community
- Remote-first work
- Home office support
- Employee led DE&I resource group
- Plotly Community Forum
Unleash your creativity and shape the future of data analytics!
Founded by innovators and driven by our community of users and customers, we eagerly tackle every challenge, from crafting state-of-the-art UI for seamless data interaction to optimizing our graphing libraries and services for highly reliable performance. Our journey has only begun!
We are a tight-knit and quickly growing team where each member can make an immediate, meaningful impact. We take on complex problems, work hard, and are firm believers in the open-source mission. At Plotly, you'll work alongside a diverse team of first-class engineers, developers, scientists, and builders that challenge the status quo and set a high bar. We encourage each member of our team to explore and expand their skill sets continually, and to approach every problem with curiosity and an open mind. Together, we make it possible for people everywhere to share data and insights that make real impacts in business and around the world.
Plotly is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you require any accommodations, please let us know during the application process.